CRM CRE Director
Boston, Massachusetts; Charlotte, North Carolina; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Chicago, Illinois
Req. Number: 225766
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Restructuring Management (CRM) delivers proactive management of the Bank's substandard assets > $5MM to minimize credit losses, ensure the Bank's return matches risk and, where possible, return customers to a satisfactory rating. The role of a CRM CRE Director is to manage a team of Commercial Real Estate workout officers who will directly manage their own book of loans in all facets of account management and will do so in a fashion that consistently protects and preserves the Bank's reputation. The CRM CRE Director will ensure the team adheres to all compliance requirements and all internal and external regulations.
- Portfolio Management & Administration – Each workout officer under management will actively manage a diverse portfolio of 10 to 20 CRE Credits, both bi-lateral and syndicated with individual Citizens Bank exposure averaging $10MM+. This includes developing an action plan for each matter, inclusive of time lines, resolution targets and alternative strategies. Responsibilities include ensuring timely approvals are obtained of all strategies consistent with Citizens Bank & CRM guidelines and done so with concise and accurate written cases. Team duties also include maintaining credit files and securing required financial data. The CRM CRE Director is also required to monitor all outside vendors used in the disposition of the portfolio in a manner that ensures CRM is receiving adequate value for services received.
- Internal & External Reporting – Ensure the team creates, presents and maintains to a high quality all required internal and external reporting, including but not limited to Problem Exposure Reviews, Strategy and Credit Reviews, Individually Assessed Reserve evaluations, charge off forecasts, Credit Proposal Summary and modification requests, Annual Reviews, Probability of Default & Loss Given Default ratings, and all other Bank and regulatory requirements.
- Negotiation – Ensure the team devises and successfully negotiates timely resolutions for each asset under management. The CRM CRE Director will ensure the team will do so in a fashion that maximizes the Bank’s return commensurate with the underlying risk and at all times protecting the Bank’s reputation in the market place.
- 10+ years of Commercial Banking Experience, preferably with staff management and workout experience
- Highly developed at persuasively presenting the Bank’s thoughts and position to gain consensus and execute proposed solutions to remedy substandard and non-performing credits
- In depth knowledge of Commercial Real Estate financial, risk and collateral analysis
- In depth knowledge of loan documentation and relevant Uniform Code and Bankruptcy considerations
- Deep understanding of industrial and regional influences applicable to the underlying portfolio
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent time management skills
- Adaptability to a high paced and challenging work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master's degree preferred but not required
Hours and Work Schedule:
- Hours per Week:40
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.