Commercial Summer Intern - UPM Project Manager BostonLocation Boston, Massachusetts Req. Number206859 Category Administration, Management, Commercial Banking, Internships, Summer Interns, Early Careers, Commercial Banking Internship, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Citizens Commercial Bankingis growing the future leaders of our organization. Commercial Banking is business to business banking. It involves analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with commercial clients.
The Commercial Summer Internship Program is designed to give interns a look at Citizens Bank’s culture through project-based assignments, learning curriculum, networking, volunteer opportunities and formal mentorship. It is a 10-week exposure into one of many commercial banking business lines throughout the footprint. Responsibilities will vary based on the group you’re assigned to and will leverage your unique skills and abilities. We encourage students from all majors, who have an interest in exploring a career in commercial banking to apply. Our internships will run from June 1 – August 6, 2021. At the conclusion of the program, high performers will get early consideration into the Commercial Banker Development Program (CBDP).
Business Line Description:
The Commercial Banker Development Program (“CBDP”) manages the early career Commercial Banking training programs, including the Commercial Summer Internship Program (“SIP”). The team develops and delivers the credit training curriculum, soft skills training, coordinates commercial business line overviews, and manages trainee development. It interacts on a regular basis with senior leadership across Commercial Banking.
The intern will support the daily routines of the CBDP Management team. The intern will also provide support to the executive leadership of Underwriting & Portfolio Management (“U&PM”). Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Preparing presentations and materials for classroom sessions
- Assisting to confirm speakers, trainers, logistics for classroom sessions
- Assist in coordinating group events and volunteer activities
- Attend all Working Group meetings and prepare minutes
- Assist in preparation/coordination of on-campus recruiting events and materials
- This individual will be given exposure to the CBDP curriculum, process, senior managers and speakers
- Special projects will center on the ongoing needs of the CBDP
- Central point of contact for all intern inquiries throughout the footprint; assist Internship Program Director with creation and distribution of information and materials to all interns
- Update and present tips and best practices presentation to all interns during first two weeks of program
- Assist in managing logistics for all meetings and events scheduled for this program
- Complete other tasks and special projects as requested
Office of U&PM:
- Assist with special projects and group initiatives
- Assist with preparing presentations and materials for periodic meetings including but not limited to all colleagues calls, leadership team meetings, and portfolio or sector reviews.
- Assist with confirmation of speakers, trainers, and logistics for periodic meetings.
- Network within the commercial bank and ask questions about specific roles
- Complete other tasks and special projects as required
- Participate in Team Meetings, Capital Markets calls and broader Commercial Banking calls.
- Enrollment and demonstrated academic achievement in an undergraduate degree program with a graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022
- Minimum preferred GPA of 3.5
- All majors considered, Finance desirable
- Demonstrated leadership in a club, volunteer or sports
- Initiative taker who can handle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and Detail-oriented
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Team player who can work closely with others to complete projects under tight deadlines
- Software skills: Solid MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Application Instructions - Please read carefully
- Combine your resume (with your overall GPA included) and your mandatory cover letter into a single PDF document before attaching it to your application. Your cover letter must include the following:
- Why are you interested in Citizens Bank?
- Why do you want an internship in Commercial Banking?
- What skills and character attributes you think you bring to the program?
- Please note:The application deadline is October 30, 2020.
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position or for full time Analyst positions and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S. You must currently be a U.S. Resident to be eligible for this program.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 35
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 4:30pm
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.