Commercial Summer Intern - UPM Not for Profit & Healthcare BostonLocation Boston, Massachusetts Req. Number197912 Category Internships, Commercial Banking, Summer Interns, Commercial Banking Internship, Administration, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to hiring diversity and embracing inclusion within our Commercial Summer Internship Program; which is an entry point into our Commercial Banker Development Program. This opportunity is open to all current juniors, who self-identify as diverse candidates. Citizens Bank was recently voted by Forbes Magazine as one of “The Best Employers for New Grads”.
- Monitor for the receipt and accuracy of client reporting including financial statements, covenant compliance certificates, and collateral requirements.
- Assist in credit analysis, preparation of deal screening memos, new credit approval requests, loan closings, and annual reviews of existing client relationships. This includes learning / preparing financial models, written financial analysis, conducting industry research and preparing written summaries of industry issues, risks, opportunities, and the competitive environment, communicating questions or observations, and utilizing internal risk and return models and loan systems.
- Performs market analysis and assist in the development of commercial client prospect lists as needed. Works with the Relationship Managers to assist in preparation of client presentations.
- Participate in Team Meetings, Capital Markets calls and broader Commercial Banking calls.
- Participate in deal screen presentations and credit approval meetings.
- Work as part of the deal team on a deal screen or new transaction.
- Participate in client meetings or conference calls.
- Network within the commercial bank and ask questions about specific roles.
- Complete other tasks and special projects as required.
- Enrollment and demonstrated academic achievement in an undergraduate degree program with a graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021
- Minimum preferred GPA of 3.5
- All majors considered, Finance desirable
- Demonstrated leadership in a club, volunteer or sports
- Initiative taker who can handle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Why are you interested in Citizens Bank?
- Why do you want an internship in Commercial Banking?
- What skills and character attributes you think you bring to the program?
- Please note: The application deadline is November 15, 2019.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S to be eligible for this program.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.