Commercial Summer Intern - Community Development Underwriting BostonLocation Boston, Massachusetts Req. Number197944 Category Internships, Commercial Banking, Summer Interns, Commercial Banking Internship, Administration, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to hiring diversity and embracing inclusion within our Commercial Summer Internship Program; which is an entry point into our Commercial Banker Development Program. This opportunity is open to all current juniors, who self-identify as diverse candidates. Citizens Bank was recently voted by Forbes Magazine as one of “The Best Employers for New Grads”.
- Partner with Community Development Portfolio Management to provide client support for CD loans and investments originated by the CD Lending and Investment teams, by ensuring adherence to credit policy and requirements, financial analysis, risk evaluation and portfolio management activities.
- Participate in updating quarterly portfolio data and conducting capital funding calls for investment portfolios.
- Support Community Development Lending Relationship Managers in the management of credit portfolio, with a focus on driving new client acquisition, generating revenue and raising brand awareness among affordable housing developers and other economic revitalization projects in the community.
- Partner with Community Development Investments to review, prepare and analyze financial projections for community development investments, as well as assist in the initial underwrite of potential transactions, identify risk and prepare summary observations for review.
- Partner with Community Development Market Managers to engage key community organizations focused on affordable housing and financial education initiatives.
- Identify, coordinate and implement opportunities to increase CRA qualified community volunteer activities to support financial education and economic revitalization.
- Enrollment and demonstrated academic achievement in an undergraduate degree program with a graduation date of December 2020 or May 2021
- Minimum preferred GPA of 3.5
- All majors considered, Finance desirable
- Demonstrated leadership in a club, volunteer or sports
- Initiative taker who can handle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and Detail-oriented
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Team player who can work closely with others to complete projects under tight deadlines
- Software skills: Solid MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Why are you interested in Citizens Bank?
- Why do you want an internship in Commercial Banking?
- What skills and character attributes you think you bring to the program?
- Please note: The application deadline is October 16, 2019.
- You must be authorized to work in the U.S. to be eligible for the program.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.