Commercial Banking Summer Intern - Global Markets
Commercial Banking, Student and Recent Graduates
Req. Number: 217645
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Commercial Banking is growing the future leaders of our organization. Commercial Banking is business to business banking. It involves analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with commercial clients. Career paths include but are not limited to Credit Analysis, Portfolio Management, Relationship Management.
The Commercial Summer Internship Program is designed to give interns a look at Citizens Bank’s culture through project-based assignments, learning curriculum, networking, volunteer opportunities and formal mentorship. It is a 10-week exposure into one of many commercial banking business lines throughout the footprint. Responsibilities will vary based on the group you’re assigned to and will leverage your unique skills and abilities. We encourage students from all majors, who have an interest in exploring a career in commercial banking to apply. Our internships will run from May 31 – August 5, 2022. At the conclusion of the program, high performers will get early consideration into the Commercial Banker Development Program (CBDP), a 1-year rotational training and development program and start to your career in Commercial Banking.
Business Line Description
Summer Analysts within Global Markets will work closely with the Sales team’s junior and senior professionals, provide support across the team and begin to develop an understanding of Global Markets and the macroeconomic impact of domestic and foreign policies and events. Citizens Global Markets helps clients reduce the impact of interest rate and foreign exchange (FX) rate volatility on financial statements, forecasts, budgets, investments, dividends, inventory and cash flows. We work with clients and prospects to identify exposures based on expertise and economic insights, design methodologies for quantifying the potential impact of risks on financial performance, and determine overall risk. Based on this consultative assessment, we create risk management programs that hedge exposures cost-effectively.
- Work alongside Traders, Salespeople, and Analysts
- Help with desk coverage and provide support for the Sales team
- Create pitch books/presentations and other duties as assigned by Sales Marketers /Team Leader
- Increase awareness and begin to develop the ability to articulate market conditions to clients
- Help manage development effort of new Global Markets prospect lists Business through analysis and providing recommendations
- Additional competencies preferred and to be developed: financial analysis/modeling, risk evaluation, macro programming, option pricing, and other quantitative measures as required
- Create weekly distributions (including market updates and memos to Senior Management), deal tracking sheets/systems, Salesforce and pipeline activity, and project work as needed
- Enrollment and demonstrated academic achievement in an undergraduate degree program with a graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023
- Minimum preferred GPA of 3.5
- All majors considered, Finance desirable
- Demonstrated leadership in a club, volunteer or sports
- Initiative taker who can handle multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and Detail-oriented
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Team player who can work closely with others to complete projects under tight deadlines
- Software skills: Solid MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Application Instructions - Please read carefully
- Combine your resume (with your overall GPA included) and your mandatory cover letter into a single PDF document before attaching it to your application. Your cover letter must include the following:
- Why are you interested in joining Citizens Bank?
- What is your interest in Commercial Banking?
- What skills and character attributes you think you bring to the program?
- Please note:The application deadline is February 16, 2022.
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position or for full time Analyst positions and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S. You must currently be a U.S. Resident to be eligible for this program.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.