CM&A Summer Associate (DCM) - Boston
Student and Recent Graduates, Commercial Banking, Finance and Accounting
Job ID: 228717
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Bank is seeking Investment Banking Summer Associates to join the Capital Markets & Advisory team (“CM&A”). Through a 10-week internship program, Summer Associates will work closely with the team’s junior and senior professionals in preparing, analyzing, and executing banking-related transactions, primarily within the U.S. middle market.
Our internship program is the primary method of sourcing full-time Investment Banking Associate candidates. Over the course of the 10-week program, you are assigned to active and prospective engagement teams. Summer Associates will also gain exposure to the true day-to-day responsibilities of an investment banker and will have the opportunity to grow professionally in a fast-paced environment. Shared responsibilities across all CM&A functions include but are not limited to:
• Supporting junior and senior team members in developing new business ideas, pitch strategies, or transaction structuring scenarios (inclusive of equity, debt, and/or M&A) to help the firm’s corporate and sponsor clients achieve their financial and strategic objectives.
• Analyzing financials, comparable companies, and transactions and modeling: analyze financial statement trends, prepare public company and transaction comparable analyses, develop leveraged buyout and financing models, and other analyses as needed.
• Preparing information memoranda and other transaction documents: draft key marketing and key transaction-related documents.
• Preparing pitch/business origination materials and other presentations: develop and assemble pitches and other presentations and be an integral part of the team in delivering these presentations.
Characteristics and skills important to the success of a candidate in this position:
• Professional/concise oral and written communication
• Strong technical skills (knowledge of accounting, Excel, etc.)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Self-starter / intellectual curiosity
• Strong work ethic/team player / high degree of humility, maturity, and integrity
• Ability to work efficiently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• A planned spring 2024 graduation date from a top MBA program is required.
• 3-5 years of work experience in finance and/or consulting (preferred, not required).
Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Within CM&A, there are two paths for Summer Associates, each requiring unique skillsets and responsibilities in addition to those noted above:
(1) Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”): Team focuses on all aspects of the sell-side and buy-side process for corporate and sponsor clients. Full-time associates are aligned with sectors. Opportunities exist in Atlanta, GA (Business Services; Software; Healthcare; Tech Services; Aerospace, Defense & Government Services) and Cleveland, OH (Industrials; Consumer; Gaming)
(2) Debt Capital Markets (“DCM”): Team focuses on the origination, structuring, and execution of bank and bond transactions for corporate and sponsor companies. The focus is on middle market leveraged credits with a deep penetration into the sponsor community supporting LBOs. Full-time associates are aligned with sectors. Opportunities exist in Charlotte, NC, and Boston, MA.
About Citizens Bank: Citizens Capital Markets & Advisory is a leading middle market investment bank that supports clients across a focused set of industry sectors (Aerospace Defense & Government Services, Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Gaming Lodging & Leisure, Healthcare, Industrials, Technology & Communications, Transportation & Logistics). Because of our selective focus, we are true industry experts and offer unrivaled sector intelligence. We unlock value for our clients through our expertise in sell-side & buy-side advisory, capital raising, restructuring & bankruptcy, and financial opinions. Our team is made up of 200+ investment banking professionals across the U.S. Citizens Capital Markets, Inc. and Citizens Bank, N.A. are subsidiaries of Citizens Financial Group, Inc., a $153 billion commercial bank holding company headquartered in Providence, R.I.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.