Citizens Capital Markets & Advisory Sophomore Summit
Student and Recent Graduates, Commercial Banking
Req. Number: 228073
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Please join us for the opportunity to learn more about Citizens and our growing Investment Banking platform!
Citizens Capital Markets & Advisory (CM&A) is a leading middle market investment bank that supports clients across a focused set of industry sectors (Aerospace Defense & Government Services, Business Services, Consumer, Financial Services, Gaming Lodging & Leisure, Healthcare, Industrials, Technology & Communications, Transportation & Logistics). Because of our selective focus, we are true industry guides and offer outstanding sector intelligence! We unlock value for our clients through our expertise in sell-side & buy-side advisory, capital raising, restructuring & bankruptcy and financial opinions. Our team is made up of 500+ investment banking professionals across the U.S. Citizens Capital Markets, Inc. and Citizens Bank, N.A. are subsidiaries of Citizens Financial Group, Inc., the 13th largest US Bank with a market capitalization of $18.9B.
Citizens encourages second-year students at Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) and other colleges to explore investment banking during our Capital Markets & Advisory Sophomore Summit. Sophomore Summit is a robust program that will give you insight into a career in investment banking through personal connectivity with Citizens CM&A bankers as well as in person and virtual learning experiences. Participating in this program will grow your investment banking knowledge, jumpstart your career aspirations, and give you hands on experience at a bank where you’ll feel valued, respected and heard. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our culture and credo. At Citizens, you'll feel valued for who you are and supported to achieve what’s important to you, personally and professionally.
- Dates: Thursday, November 3, 2022 and Friday, November 4, 2022.
- Location: 28 State Street, Boston, MA 02109
- Note: All travel, accommodations and meals will be provided by Citizens
- Each participant to be assigned a peer and senior mentor with periodic check-ins
- Monthly education forums
- Opportunity to develop transferrable business skills
Rotational Externship Details:
- January 9-13, 2023
- Candidates will job shadow analysts across multiple groups to gain an understanding of roles and responsibilities
- Location will be determined by the end of 2022. All travel, accommodations and meals will be provided by Citizens.
- Opportunity to interview early for a 2023 summer internship
- Submit resume by October 10, 2022
- Submit essay (maximum 500 words) on the following 2 topics: The purpose of the Sophomore Summit is to bring more diversity into Investment Banking
- Why would you like to be selected for the Citizens Capital Markets & Advisory Sophomore Summit? Based on your background and your unique experiences, how would you hope to impact/influence Citizens’ culture?
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Sophomores with a graduation date of December 2024 or Spring 2025
- Interest in potentially pursuing an Investment Banking career
- Visa sponsorship is not available for internships that may result from this opportunity
At Citizens diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our culture and credo. We champion the growth and empowerment of colleagues from all backgrounds, abilities and life experiences.
NOTE: This is an unpaid in-person opportunity. This Summit does not follow our typical 40 hour/ Monday-Friday paid position model.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.