Associate I Leveraged FinanceLocation Boston, Massachusetts Req. Number212098 Category Commercial Banking, Lending Full/Part Time F
The Associate I position in Leveraged Finance is an underwriting and portfolio management role focused on completing acquisitions, recapitalizations, and refinancing transactions for new and existing customers (corporate and private equity owned) of Citizens Bank. The position requires constant interaction with internal colleagues from Industry Banking, Credit Risk Management, and Capital Markets. The candidate will be working as part of a deal team on underwriting new financing opportunities, which includes obtaining internal credit approval and managing the loan documentation and closing process. In addition, the candidate will help manage a portfolio of credits and be responsible for monitoring client performance and adhering to credit policy and risk management requirements.
The Associate position in Leveraged Finance is a generalist role. Experience in Healthcare and Technology, Communications, and Media a plus. Experience with Bloomberg, Capital IQ, public SEC filings, rating agency reports, and equity research reports for industry and comparable analysis is also a plus.
Daily responsibilities include: initial transaction due diligence, credit research, enterprise value analysis, preparation of pre-screens and final credit approvals for new financing opportunities, ad-hoc projects, reviewing and negotiating loan agreement documents, loan closing and funding, and ongoing portfolio monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical acumen
- Excellent projection modeling skills
- Due diligence analysis
- Understanding of bank regulation and compliance
- Ability to work well with internal colleagues and external clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- High level of initiative and capability to work independently on financings and other responsibilities
- Prior experience in leveraged finance is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience at a commercial or investment bank with strong commercial credit experience
- Existing knowledge of leveraged loan market
- Advanced analytical, loan structuring, underwriting, documentation, credit, presentation, and organization skills
- Strong PC Proficiency, Microsoft Office applications, and Credit Research Tools
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.