Associate I Capital MarketsLocation Boston, Massachusetts Job ID/ Req. Number188640 Category Commercial Banking Full/Part Time F Regular/Temporary 1st Shift
Citizens Capital Markets Group is seeking an Associate in Boston to support the team’s senior professionals in originating, structuring and executing debt capital markets transactions to support acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dividend recapitalizations, restructurings and short/long term refinancings. The Associate’s responsibilities will require significant transaction involvement, from origination through closing, and the ability to work on multiple projects and transactions concurrently. The Associate will play a critical role on deal teams and coordinating projects and will interact directly with Managing Directors, senior management, other groups within Citizens, client management teams, private equity firms, legal counsel, and professionals at other banks.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with Managing Directors to develop new business ideas, pitch strategies or transaction financing scenarios to help corporate clients and financial sponsors achieve their financial and strategic objectives
- Performing extensive financial statement modeling for a variety of transaction scenarios
- Conducting comprehensive company and industry research
- Analyzing financial model output and client information to prioritize data and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Coordinating with Managing Directors to provide indicative transaction structure and pricing guidance based on financial model and comparable transaction analysis
- Preparing pitch materials for client meetings
- Supporting Portfolio / Relationship Managers in transaction screening and credit / underwriting approval meetings to provide detailed overviews on clients and transactions and offer market insights and advice
- Playing a key leadership role throughout the transaction execution process
- Participating in accounting, business and legal due diligence (with drafting sessions for public offerings)
- Working with legal counsel and clients / financial sponsors to draft and negotiate all legal documentation
- Working with sales distribution team to develop syndication strategies with targeted investor lists and populate and manage data room information and access
- Preparing detailed transaction marketing materials including confidential information memoranda and lender presentations
- Organizing Ratings Agency Meetings, Lender Meetings and Investor Roadshows for private and public debt offerings
- Coordinating with sales distribution team to answer lender due diligence questions
- Assisting clients, internal operations team and investors through the closing process
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on most assignments
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding of financial statements, financial modeling and company or industry analysis
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to immediately contribute to the group based on past experience and help to transfer best practices and knowledge
- Background qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record from a leading university. All concentrations considered given level of industry experience
- MBA a strong plus
- Attendance in a formal investment or corporate banking training program preferred, but not required
- Minimum 4 years Analyst and1 year Associate level direct experience with proven client interaction and Debt Capital Markets, Loan Syndications, High Yield, Leveraged Finance, M&A, Mezzanine Debt, or Equity Capital Markets transaction experience
- Full command of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with related financial services software including S&P Capital IQ, S&P Leveraged Commentary, Advantage Data, Bloomberg, Thomson One, Thomson Loan Pricing Connector, FactSet, etc.
- FINRA Series 79 (or 7) and Series 63 and /or willingness to obtain licenses in a short timeframe
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.