Analyst III Institutional CreditLocation Boston, Massachusetts Req. Number212160 Category Lending Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Institutional Credit Management (ICM) group is seeking an investment professional to join its growing institutional loan team. The investment team invests primarily in senior, secured institutional loans across a diverse set of issuers and sectors
This is a fundamentals research role and responsibilities will include:
- Industry/sector research, issuer research, generating primary & secondary investment ideas along with the Sr. Analysts
- Helping Sr. Analysts analyze relative value within the sectors covered
- Cash flow modeling
- Valuation analysis
- Writing investment memos along with Sr. Analysts clearly outlining investment thesis and investment risks in addition to updating databases and completing ad-hoc projects
- Interacting and developing relationships with sell-side investment banks, other buy side firms , counsel and company executives.
- Presenting or co-presenting investment ideas and portfolio updates to the Portfolio Manager, Credit Officer and other constituents
- Providing timely updates on developing credit situations focusing on risk/return
- 2-3 years previous experience in either a high-yield, bank loan/buy side or leveraged finance team.
- Ability to efficiently analyze credit with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Completion or progress towards CFA designation preferred, MBA a plus
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong credit acumen and burning desire to succeed
- Undergraduate degree with a strong academic record from a leading university. All concentrations considered given level of industry experience
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40+
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.