Analyst II Capital MarketsLocation Boston, Massachusetts Job ID/ Req. Number191445 Category Commercial Banking Full/Part Time F Regular/Temporary 1st Shift
Citizens Capital Markets Group is seeking an Analyst II to support the team’s senior professionals in originating, structuring and executing debt capital market and M&A transactions. The Analyst’s responsibilities will require significant transaction involvement, from origination through closing, and the ability to work on multiple projects and transactions concurrently. The Analyst will play a critical role on deal teams and coordinating projects and will interact directly with Managing Directors, senior management, other groups within Citizens, client management teams, private equity firms, and legal counsel. As a generalist position, the Capital Markets Analyst would work directly with senior professionals on the Debt Capital Markets / Leveraged Finance, Corporate Finance Industry Coverage and Sponsor Coverage teams with deal experience supporting acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, dividend recapitalizations, restructurings and short/long term refinancings.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing capital markets group with market leading positions in middle market corporate and financial sponsor backed transactions. Through this experience the Analyst will gain insight into the issues and considerations for management teams and shareholders at growing middle market companies, and exposure to strategic, financial and capital decision making. The Analyst will also develop direct relationship management responsibilities through interactions with current and prospective clients and management teams as well as private equity firms.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, Associates within the Debt Capital Markets / Leveraged Finance, Corporate Finance Industry Coverage and Sponsor Coverage teams to develop new business ideas, pitch strategies or transaction financing scenarios to help corporate clients and financial sponsors achieve their financial and strategic objectives
- Performing extensive financial statement modeling for a variety of transaction scenarios
- Conducting comprehensive company and industry research
- Analyzing financial model output and client information to prioritize data and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Coordinating with senior bankers to provide indicative transaction structure and pricing guidance based on financial model and comparable transaction analysis
- Preparing pitch materials for client meetings
- Manage transaction screening and credit / underwriting approval processes and all required documentation, analysis and meetings
- Playing a key leadership role throughout the transaction execution process
- Participating in accounting, business and legal due diligence
- Working with legal counsel and clients / financial sponsors to draft and negotiate all legal documentation
- Working with sales distribution team to develop syndication strategies with targeted investor lists and populate and manage virtual data room information and access
- Preparing detailed transaction marketing materials including confidential information memoranda and lender presentations
- Organizing Ratings Agency Meetings, Lender Meetings and Investor Road shows for private and public debt offerings
- Coordinating with sales distribution team to answer lender due diligence questions
- Assisting clients, internal operations team and investors through the closing process
This opportunity carries a competitive salary and a discretionary annual bonus based on individual and firm achievement.
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently and play the critical role as the project manager on most assignments
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding or willingness to master financial statement analysis, financial modeling and company or industry analysis
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.