Managing Director Corporate Banking - AtlantaLocation Atlanta, Georgia Job ID/ Req. Number191471 Category Commercial Banking Full/Part Time F Regular/Temporary 1st Shift
The Managing Director serves as a senior origination officer for the South East region focused primarily on new client acquisition and establishment of a regional footprint. This role will coordinate with Capital Markets product partners to deliver strategic and capital raising alternatives to corporate clients and the portfolio companies of private equity groups.
- Manage a portfolio of commercial credit and non-credit relationships of varying size and complexity
- Responsible for active market coverage of prospective clients to achieve new client acquisition goals to generate new and incremental margin and fee-based revenue from both credit and non-credit ancillary product sales via all products and services offered by the Bank
- Within the Corporate Bank, the Managing Director will focus on companies with annual revenue of $100+ million and will typically be responsible for managing 20-25 credit-based relationships
- Must be highly experienced in commercial credit matters, able to read, interpret, and understand financial statements and credit issues quickly, and capable of strategic thinking to add value to a diverse set of companies within the portfolio
- Will need to be able to both delegate and work closely and effectively with the Portfolio Management team to proactively serve the needs of the clients, while expanding the relationships and growing the overall portfolio
- This role will also coordinate additional cross-sell activities with product partners teams in Treasury, Foreign Exchange, and Interest Rate Derivatives to corporate clients
- 12+ years of successful corporate banking and /or investments banking experience with recognized Financial Institutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience advising clients at the “C Suite” level on capital structuring & capital raising.
- Demonstrated experience in pitching, winning and managing lead capital markets engagements and transactions.
- Proven track record in business development, corporate finance, cross-selling, banker development and team building.
- Market reputation among clients as an experienced senior banker of high integrity.
- Advanced analytical, loan structuring, underwriting, documentation, credit, corporate finance and administrative skills.
- Strong negotiating and sales skills
- Series 79 &63 licenses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. .Ability to coordinate multiple projects and satisfy deadline.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, economics, finance or accounting required
- Masters of Business Administration, preferred
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.