Mortgage Loan Officer
Job ID: 23923
Full/Part Time: Full Time
At Citizens, you become a part of an organization committed to serving customers, colleagues and communities in which we do business. Citizens is an established and successful financial services company with a branch presence in 12 states and the ability to conduct business globally. We are committed to offering comprehensive and competitive benefits, encouraging our colleagues to develop and grow their careers, and providing a fiscally sound and stable work environment while delivering to our customers.
Citizens is honored to be a top Lender in the Mortgage sector and is passionate about growing our market share in the states we currently operate. We are currently hiring dedicated Mortgage Loan Officers who proactively identify, build and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serves as a source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. External relationships are the cornerstone of generating new business and may consist of realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts. Our Loan Officers are encouraged to participate in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote home ownership and professional organizations. You will be responsible for interviewing new and existing customers to determine their loan needs and advising those customers of appropriate products, terms, and pricing, while gather any additional required information. It will be necessary to generate complete mortgage applications, ensuring appropriate procedures and policies are followed, while meeting sales goals and objectives.
- Go above and beyond for customers - Aspire to deliver outstanding customer service
- Drive sales through service - Achieve sales and referral goals by developing a positive customer experience
- Build book of business - Proactively seek ways to develop and expand customer relationships in order to contribute towards the branch success
- Maximize personal productivity - Desire to improve personal efficiency through attention to detail, self-motivation, and adaptability to achieve branch and personal goals
- Grow your own capabilities - Actively participate in opportunities to expand knowledge, influencing and interpersonal skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in residential mortgage sales preferred
- Three plus years of retail residential mortgage sales experience
- Documented residential mortgage loan volume in the past 12 months of $12 million (minimum)
- Established relationships with local referral networks
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a broad range of audiences
- Strong computer skills and experience using laptop technology
- Successful candidate must meet and follow all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the NMLS.
Hours and Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: M-F
Commissioned based. Individuals in this role have historically earned between $100,000.00 and $250,000.00, based on performance and productivity against commission plan parameters.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more. Note, Citizens’ paid time off policy exceeds the mandatory, paid sick or paid time-away policy of very local and state jurisdiction in the United States. For an overview of our benefits, visit https://jobs.citizensbank.com/benefits.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. This sales role is commission-based. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
- Audit Manager Johnston, Rhode Island; Iselin, New Jersey; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Iselin, New Jersey, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Capital Management Manager Boston, Massachusetts; Providence, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Boston, Massachusetts, Providence, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts
- Senior Data Scientist Columbus, Ohio; Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts Columbus, Ohio, Johnston, Rhode Island, Westwood, Massachusetts